5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
901 - 920 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
yeah really strange. Im blaming it on the OEM lugs. They werent over torqued because they loosened up easy and got really tight towards the end. Torque wrench was used as well, oh well
Sorry to hear this. One of the automotive magazines had multiple studs break at low milage on a 2017 Impreza they had for a long-term test. They also used a torque wrench.

It might be worth keeping a set of spare studs in the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to hear this. One of the automotive magazines had multiple studs break at low milage on a 2017 Impreza they had for a long-term test. They also used a torque wrench.

It might be worth keeping a set of spare studs in the car.
it sucks because these studs you got to get pressed in 🙄 ill keep yall updated if any studs break with my aftermarket lugs that i just put on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You don't have to press them in, you can pull them in with a thrust bearing, flange nut, and an impact gun. You can also use a lug nut if its open or deep enough. I like using a flange nut because it spreads the load better.

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
166 Posts
Spent a couple more hours taking off the exhaust, shaving more off my ecohitch, and finally remounting it.
Am happy to report no more rattling!

Reactions: JGR and longboy

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
603 Posts
Painted my mirror caps. Top and bottom.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Reactions: Wanfeilwong

·
Registered
603 Posts
My front right speaker has been giving me static at low volume for the last few months and I finally got annoyed enough to fix it. Troubleshot it down to a bad connection behind the stereo. Fixed it up behind the stereo and reinforced a few other connectors and put it back together. Here's how I want it to look, but in reality the right harness is a bit too short and today wasn't the day to extend wires, so it looks almost like that but faces down at an angle on the right and uses only one ziptie. Also I'm not sure if a non-base can run this amp back there as the starlink module will likely be in the way.

Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

While I was in there I noticed that I could access and potentially pop out the 12v socket without having to disassemble a bunch of crap like official instructions say. Well, I've had a project to replace the 12v with QC usb ports and did just that. Simplest way to do this is take off your glove box and break off the right "wing" with a screwdriver. Then press in the left wing with your thumb and push inward. I used a dremel to widen the hole, then stuck the aftermarket plug in and tightened it on the other side with a plastic nut.

Hood Grille Automotive exterior Automotive design Motor vehicle

Also I dunno wtf is up with that hole at the top. Do you all have one?

Reactions: Wanfeilwong

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base Hatchback
16 Posts
It’s more than tiny but not loud. I sold mine for something quieter because I have the cvt.
What did you end up getting? Looking for an improvement but nothing super loud. I do love the look of the dual mufflers with the rear diffusers, I'm wanting to go after that look if possible

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got a link by chance? Looking for it now

Edit:
Nevermind found an old post discussing this exhaust

901 - 920 of 943 Posts