5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
263 Posts
Daughter was away for a bit and must’ve parked under a tree. Car was covered in bird poop. Even after washing you can see damage. Lots of little sections like this. Smh
Moon Blue Azure Sky Rectangle

had some Menzerna 3-in-1 handy. Cleaned up all the spots.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
246 Posts
:D
Your engine bay looks fantastic, I need to learn to clean mine properly. It's not horrible but definitely could use a clean.

My exterior sadly is not as upkept because the only place I can legally park is under a tree.

I try to wash it everytime it gets dirty, as soon as I get a place with a garage, I will definitely start keeping it more shiny.

Ahh the bird poop, my sworn enemy...... hate it.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
246 Posts
I have a rule with my car even - getting in, knock your feet together a few times and don't stand in the dirt! Gotten a few eye rolls from the family :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
499 Posts
Oops. Son did his first oil change and overfilled by almost 1/2 quart so we had to drain a little. He had no issues with the engine or cabin air filter.
Should probably do wipers too.
Wipers are covered under the 3yr/36k mile warranty if you have streaking. FYI...

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
499 Posts
Funny thing, I had 2 studs break off on me too. OEM wheels, studs, and lugs. And they were all hand torqued and the day they broke, it was by hand tools too.
What were they torqued to?

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
711 Posts
Got 4 new wheels for $260 for 4th of july promotion! They're taking a 305 Aerospace sun soak for a few days.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
The engine bay of my 2019 Sport received its first proper wash today. I used dilute Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle & brushes and rinsed with a gentle spray from a hose. Dawn is an excellent and safe degreaser.

After basic dying with a leaf blower and a towel, I drove the car to bring the engine to operating temperature to finish. Aluminum & ferrous components were dressed with CRC 2-26 spray, while plastic parts were wiped with 303 Aerospace.

I've used Boeshield T-9 rust and corrosion inhibitor and CRC 2-26 on the engine case since the Impreza was new, which has completely protected it from aluminum oxide.

I'm participating in the Subaru car show at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix on July 23rd and this was the first step of the detailing process.

International Car Show At Schenley Park | PVGP

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Got a link?

I'll make a post about how it works sometime soon, want to install front cam and amp/sub first hopefully I can do that this weekend.

·
Registered
711 Posts
What an amazing fit and looks absolutely wonderful . Could you possibly talk about some of the difficulties or hurdles with wiring or existing microphone speakers …. and how it interacts with the car settings ….. Ty :)
it comes with plug and play harness, the install is 15 minutes (pull of vents, pull off top piece, unscrew 4 screws, swap the units and wires, and put everything back. I have a few more things to figure out with it and I'll a review maybe video.

941 - 960 of 1044 Posts