5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
961 - 980 of 983 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
650 Posts
I've installed a front cam and done the difficult part of running the wire. This should be great for precise parking, navigating around debris/rocks without a spotter, and a few other things.

Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
650 Posts
Made some harnesses and laid out wiring and prewiring. Made a ground on the ebrake to put usb charger thing in the arm rest rear. Wire fuse holders annoyed me so I cleaned their wires up and moved to an electric fuse box. Will put one more somewhere in the rear that's what that other wire on the sub speaker is for.

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive battery Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
650 Posts
Some findings:

I no longer have a hiss sound coming from my speakers when the volume is 0. Previously, my mini amp had been tapped into the power wire of the head unit. Now it has a direct power line to a 15a switch. As such, I am abandoning my project to buy a 5-ch amplifier and to bring a direct 16gauge line into each speaker.

I tapped the front cam into the now unused stereo power wire. It works exactly as intended on the monitor, however two surprises have brought me back to the drawing board:
  1. The camera has shiny LEDs that are always on, functioning as a central DRL point.
  2. They're always on even when the car is off.
I'm have to find a different camera and wire. Or maybe put on a switch. I could "flash" people with it.

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
650 Posts
Installed one of these fuse boxes in the back, have some plans for it.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Also upgraded my battery terminals with knu koncepts terminals.

Camera lens Gadget Reflex camera Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: JGR

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
183 Posts
Brought my car in for the oil consumption test. Will see how it goes. They changed the oil+filter and said to come back in 1,200 miles to see where the level ends up at. Currently at 51k miles

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
183 Posts
How much consumption ? Stay strong …. had the same issue :(
It went down from the full line to a little over the halfway point on the dipstick in 3000 miles before I brought it in.
Im back at the dealer now because they overfilled the oil to where it was almost 1/2 inch above the full line. 🤨

Reactions: ImprezaSport_17

·
Registered
650 Posts
Had my new tires put on a few days ago at discount tire for $80, Kept my old tires hope someone buys them on ebay.. Went to do an alignment yesterday. Had a $80 groupon deal, and a bunch of groupon bucks, and they gave me 50% off so it cost 40 bucks of funnymoney for a 4-wheel alignment. Found out that Big-O gives 6 month warranty on the alignment and if you buy 4 tires from them they throw that in for with each install.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Sport CVT
69 Posts
They look good mate, I was thinkging of getting some for my own car due to the scratches I've noticed appearing already.
I would highly recommend it, took me maybe 5-10 minutes to put them on. They may be costed 60 bucks with shipping for all four of them. For plastic they feel really good too seem like they should hold up well.

961 - 980 of 983 Posts