5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
711 Posts
I definitely think he's talking about your SSD Intake. Lol
oh lol, I didn't notice it (its some other guy's car). but I do have one of those also. Its probably a little more responsive but idk, I can't really tell. Supposed to give extra sounds but I have takeda catback so its already extra. Will pay for itself in 10 years through negligible fuel savings and will outlast the oem. Had two of those plastic intakes tear on my previous car (bmw).

Reactions: DrTrae

·
Registered
2022 subaru impreza hatchback premium
12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Where did you order these from? I’ve only seen these for sale from Japan.
I got them from Subispeed about 2 weeks ago. They and Rallysport Direct each had 2 sets, but appear to be sold-out:
STI Inner Door Protectors Kit - 2017-2020 Subaru Crosstrek|Subispeed
STI Inner Door Protector Kit - Subaru Base 2017-2020 | STSG19101490|Rallysport Direct

They were on the SOA STI accessories page for a number of years, but they've dropped them. I suspect they're being dropped from the US market.

Being an STI part, they're stupid expensive. But that didn't stop me...:)

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Sport CVT
83 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
63 Posts
Finally got around to some upgrades I've been wanting to do, along with doing some much needed maintanance. Already had the Nameless, but took it off last week for my inspection, gave me a chance to properly clean it up.

Decided not to go with the typical Hella horns, they look nice but not a fan of the shrill sound, if I'm going to go to the trouble of installing new horns I want them to sound good.

Have had SS3s on my list for a while now, so really happy I picked those up and they don't disappoint. Went with yellow, also got the backlight option though not going to wire that up quite yet.

Also have the Kartboy shifter bushings laying around somewhere, planning to install those tommorow while I have the car lifted when I do the oil change.

Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Grille Automotive design

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. Island Blue Pearl Limited
140 Posts
Finally got around to some upgrades I've been wanting to do, along with doing some much needed maintanance. Already had the Nameless, but took it off last week for my inspection, gave me a chance to properly clean it up.

Decided not to go with the typical Hella horns, they look nice but not a fan of the shrill sound, if I'm going to go to the trouble of installing new horns I want them to sound good.

Have had SS3s on my list for a while now, so really happy I picked those up and they don't disappoint. Went with yellow, also got the backlight option though not going to wire that up quite yet.

Also have the Kartboy shifter bushings laying around somewhere, planning to install those tommorow while I have the car lifted when I do the oil change.

View attachment 28503
Love the Yellow Fog SS3's on mine as well. A little less distance than I'd hoped, but they look great and I know they'll work well whenever I need them.

Let us know how that PIAA horn works out for you. I love the look of the Hella horns, but they're a little too high pitched.

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
63 Posts
Love the Yellow Fog SS3's on mine as well. A little less distance than I'd hoped, but they look great and I know they'll work well whenever I need them.

Let us know how that PIAA horn works out for you. I love the look of the Hella horns, but they're a little too high pitched.
Got a bit of the opposite problem, tried to install the fogs to aim low, but currently they are about as high up as my high beams, though at least they're brighter than them. Will need to see about adjusting their aim, though seems kind of tricky.

Unfortunately since I have the base model I only had one factory horn installed. Wanted to keep the stock wiring but couldn't find a spare factory connector like I did for my fogs. Will likely just install a new harness to power both properly. If anyone knows where the one infront of the radiator is routed from could check, but couldn't see one anywhere I looked.

But even with just one horn still sounds way better than the stock horn, either the 330hz or 400hz. Went with the 400hz under the headlight for now, want to have the lower 330hz in the other location once I get the wiring figured out. Had to bend the bracket a bit to clear the end of the horn, but otherwise mounted nicely to the factory location under the headlight. Test fitted the one at the radiator as well and didn't seem to have any clearance issues, though didn't try putting the bumper on with it yet.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
212 Posts
Got a bit of the opposite problem, tried to install the fogs to aim low, but currently they are about as high up as my high beams, though at least they're brighter than them. Will need to see about adjusting their aim, though seems kind of tricky.

Unfortunately since I have the base model I only had one factory horn installed. Wanted to keep the stock wiring but couldn't find a spare factory connector like I did for my fogs. Will likely just install a new harness to power both properly. If anyone knows where the one infront of the radiator is routed from could check, but couldn't see one anywhere I looked.

But even with just one horn still sounds way better than the stock horn, either the 330hz or 400hz. Went with the 400hz under the headlight for now, want to have the lower 330hz in the other location once I get the wiring figured out. Had to bend the bracket a bit to clear the end of the horn, but otherwise mounted nicely to the factory location under the headlight. Test fitted the one at the radiator as well and didn't seem to have any clearance issues, though didn't try putting the bumper on with it yet.

In regards to your fogs aiming high ...when I put yellow leds in mine I noticed the passenger housing was upside down ...prev owner ...factory who knows but once flipped it aimed where it was supposed to ....maybe yiu got a double feature

1001 - 1020 of 1044 Posts