5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
63 Posts
In regards to your fogs aiming high ...when I put yellow leds in mine I noticed the passenger housing was upside down ...prev owner ...factory who knows but once flipped it aimed where it was supposed to ....maybe yiu got a double feature
Got them from Diode Dynimics directly, I put the brackets on as level as possible, and put the DD logo rightside up. Maybe the brackets are different for L/R and I just didn't notice. I'll have to double check.

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
63 Posts
Changed my oil and air filter today, just went with the OEM oil, oil filter, and air filter. But after realizing I forgot to order a new gasket for the drain plug decided to just order a Fumoto valve instead, luckily it actually came today like Amazon said it would. Will definately make future oil changes much less of a headache and mess.

Also ordered the Subaru Engine Maintenance Kit along with the tool for the top engine cleaner. Dumped the injector cleaner into the gas tank yesterday and topped it up, then ran the car at higher RPMs for an hour or two while on the highway. Then cleaned the throttle body and ran the top engine cleaner today before doing the oil change.

Very happy with the results from the kit. Ran fuel injector cleaner and did seafoam treatments in the past but never really noticed much of a difference with my other cars. But from the day I got my Impreza with around 34k miles it has always been jerky in 1st and sometimes 2nd gear, and the throttle would occasionally hesitate. Would also occasionally stall if I tried to let off the clutch without any throttle and the lights would always dim. Car now runs smooth as butter in 1st and 2nd gear and I can let off the clutch at idle with ease without stalling or the lights dimming. Hopefully it no longer has the throttle hesitation anymore as well, though that's mostly went away on it's own and only really ever noticed it in extreme high or low temperatures anymore. Engine braking is also a lot less significant. Guessing it was mostly just the throttle body cleaner, had quite a bit of gunk built up.

Sadly I'm not sure where I put the Kartboy shifter bushings, so that will have to wait for another day.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
263 Posts
New tires today to go on the Legacy GT wheels. Michelin Pilot Sport AllSeason 4.
You'll love them. I switched to the PSAS4 on my bmw last year and they felt good enough in the winter that I didn't bother with a dedicated snow setup.

This will be the last winter for my daughter's impreza on her snow setup. Next year she'll need her regular tires replaced and I will be switching to the Michelin CrossClimate2 for her which should be good all year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I removed the dealer sticker/emblem. (Contemplating removing the "Symmetrical AWD" emblem.
If it's warm enough tomorrow I'll give her her first wash (full detail next weekend I think).
Be careful taking those off since Subaru puts them on immediately after clear coat. Took mine off as carefully as I could and it still took a bit of clear with it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
NEW SNEAKERS on my Base Impreza today. Original tires went about 45K miles.

Went with Cooper CS5 Grand Touring

We have run TWO sets of those same tires on our Outback and they meet our requirements. Quiet, Quiet, and Quiet.... with satisfactory snow traction.

I am looking forward to see if I lose any MPG due to the new tires. Many folks have reported it is commonplace drop 3-4 MPG.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
496 Posts

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
197 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
197 Posts
I actually own it but its only made for the Crosstrek which has different A/C lines than the Impreza. Mine would not fit lol
Weird. Did something change between '19 to '22? Mine bolted right up. Lemme see if I can get a better shot from a different angle.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Weird. Did something change between '19 to '22? Mine bolted right up. Lemme see if I can get a better shot from a different angle.
If you don't mind, that would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
197 Posts

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: cbidwell91

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
263 Posts
Car is two years old and at 33k miles. No issues. My daughter sent me this picture to tell me that I don’t need to remind her to change the oil. She said she and her baby brother will do the snow tires themselves closer to Thanksgiving. She said, “I’m 20 now and can start taking car of my stuff. Oh but can you ship the used oil back to fcp for a refund?” Lol. She’s not totally independent yet.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
711 Posts
Car is two years old and at 33k miles. No issues. My daughter sent me this picture to tell me that I don’t need to remind her to change the oil. She said she and her baby brother will do the snow tires themselves closer to Thanksgiving. She said, “I’m 20 now and can start taking car of my stuff. Oh but can you ship the used oil back to fcp for a refund?” Lol. She’s not totally independent yet.
View attachment 28634
Paypal's dropping their free return shipping later this year. I was looking forward to doing the same.

Reactions: chowser51
1021 - 1040 of 1044 Posts