5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1105 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
271 Posts
I think it was November for free return shipping. I’m going to do mine soon and get it shipped before then. Gotta figure out return shipping costs for next year to see if it’s worth getting oil from fcp.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
755 Posts
I think it was November for free return shipping. I’m going to do mine soon and get it shipped before then. Gotta figure out return shipping costs for next year to see if it’s worth getting oil from fcp.
Grainger was selling 6 gallons of 0w-20 full synthetic for 46 bucks, but the product page is now blank. Wonder if it will come back.

Costco was also selling 4-pack of Kirland ow-20 full synthetic that worked out to $16 for 5 gallons. But a few months of inflation and its now $20 for 5 gallons.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a smoke and stared at it after Thanksgiving lunch. Eagerly anticipating the fixed roof rails to arrive so I can mount my narrow basket and snowboard carriers, as well as my flaps for slope season!

Also listed the stock 2023 wheels and brand new (less than 13km) Continental Tires. 205x55r16 for sale locally.

Thinking of side skirts and lips now. But wouldn't know what to get 😕

Any links to side skirts?

After a half decent wash.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
77 Posts
Whelp, had a beautiful Sunday afternoon to be outside and install some new goodies on the Impreza.

Started out with the JDM STI inner door CF look kick guards on all four doors. Waited for SubiSpeed to have these restocked so I didn't have to pay shipping $$$ from Japan. Not a cheap mod but been wanting these for two years now.

Next I installed the DRL always on kit with splitters from SubiSpeed. This was not a challenging mod, just took a bit longer than it should because I pulled the full air box and battery assembly out to get to everything easily. Paying attention to the +/- wiring I was able to avoid some of the pitfalls others have had with blowing fuses upon initial wiring. I put a yellow tint on my DRL's years ago and really wanted those on at night as well. zip tied the wires to neatly tuck them out of the way and keep things neat and tidy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Added my vintage style Rocker switches I had kicking around in storage from a former jeep switch setup (I don't throw anything away) and ran the wiring for the LED fogs I added. I installed the 2nd switch for future roof rack lights.

Love the snap of an old style Rocker.

Finger Thumb Electronic component Nickel Motor vehicle
Personal luxury car Family car Automotive exterior Electric blue Auto part
Hood Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

Certainly adds a lot of ground cover vs. the stock LED fogs alone. Of course these are only going to be used on lonely highways in suburban areas at night and during increment weather situations.
Black Yellow Asphalt Grass Flooring

Upside down was the only way the switch covers were gonna work without cutting a brand new dash. So that's how they were installed.

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
318 Posts
Had my 12,000 mile tire rotation done, as well as the multi-point inspection at the dealership. Oil change done a few weeks ago. Forgot the bag of door cup protectors on my roof while cleaning out the car and lost it when driving to Walmart.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
572 Posts
@BlubaruNoobaru - You may check to see if other models between Ascent, Outback, Legacy, Impreza, Crosstrek have any buttons for that instrument quadrant which could be used in lieu of the aftermarket switches. Would be really nice to see an OEM button operate those lights. The other 3 blanks can be removed and replaced with actual buttons.

Rectangle Font Parallel Gadget Number

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
206 Posts
  • Angry
Reactions: cbidwell91

·
Registered
76 Posts
@BlubaruNoobaru - You may check to see if other models between Ascent, Outback, Legacy, Impreza, Crosstrek have any buttons for that instrument quadrant which could be used in lieu of the aftermarket switches. Would be really nice to see an OEM button operate those lights. The other 3 blanks can be removed and replaced with actual buttons.

View attachment 28777
I actually prefer these. Unsure why, perhaps my jeeping/overland/offroading roots?

Love the feel of them and their look. They do not interfere with anything and leaves the bottom row open and accessible. I understand the purist perspective and agree about cleanliness with stock style switches. But, I don't imagine on an Impreza, I'm going to want or find a use for more than two switches -if that - and as such these will do. (I also like the feeling of repurposing. Call me sentimental I suppose.

If I do find I need more switches on this blubaru . . I probably should be driving my Wrangler anyhow lol
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Car Automotive design

In case this vehicle needs to be quick flipped (my immediate future is actually really blurry in terms.of logistics) - this would be easiest to revert back to OEM for this vehicle's build sheet

1041 - 1060 of 1105 Posts