5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1105 Posts

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,685 Posts
The weather here in KS has been unusually nice the past few weeks, I've been able to enjoy top down weather a lot longer than usual . Today it's finally has turning cold consistently so yesterday, while it was still in the 70's. I swapped places with the Impreza out. I've got a hard top for the Miata but TBH I don't see the point, if it's cold out I'm driving the Impreza :) It's been under a cover since the beginning of June. After I moved it around, I installed a ProClip phone holder. I have to say while I love the holder in my Miata, the location in my Impreza is less than ideal and I don't know if I will keep it or not. I'll post pics in a separate thread but it's located in the side vent to the left of the stereo. My phone is pretty big (Galaxy S22 Ultra) and it blocks the view of the center info spot.

Later in the month I'll be swapping putting the snow wheel / tire set up on.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
318 Posts
The weather here in KS has been unusually nice the past few weeks, I've been able to enjoy top down weather a lot longer than usual . Today it's finally has turning cold consistently so yesterday, while it was still in the 70's. I swapped places with the Impreza out. I've got a hard top for the Miata but TBH I don't see the point, if it's cold out I'm driving the Impreza :) It's been under a cover since the beginning of June. After I moved it around, I installed a ProClip phone holder. I have to say while I love the holder in my Miata, the location in my Impreza is less than ideal and I don't know if I will keep it or not. I'll post pics in a separate thread but it's located in the side vent to the left of the stereo. My phone is pretty big (Galaxy S22 Ultra) and it blocks the view of the center info spot.

Later in the month I'll be swapping putting the snow wheel / tire set up on.
While my Impreza is a year round car - the for-fun Miata I have is also seeing the inside of the garage for the next few months, though hopefully I'll find time to affix the STi front lip that I ordered months ago before the snow piles up here.

Sidenote, I actually finally got my Miata registered in KS since I just moved across the state line from Missouri. Don't plan on doing the same for the Subaru yet since I would love to keep the custom plate as long as I can. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
...and naturally. . . . Winter tires were picked up last night. Dirt cheap, half season of use on them only.

Today they went on. 205/45 r17. A step down in ride height from my 18" summer wheels. Lost the aggressive and wide stance, but gonna make up for it in the deep aggressive Canadian Winter with some awd fun!

The light bar has already saved my front end going over a raised mogul and coming down over it wayyy too fast! Wow

And of course, I cleaned the hell out of it. Already had a nice layer of salt.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Shiny:
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

And for fun:
Automotive lighting Entertainment Sky Electricity Headlamp

·
Registered
76 Posts
Added the oil catch can. Made a bracket out of a $2 home depot L bracket and snugged it onto the AC compressor bolt inboard at the rear. While I was under there I recycled my OEM grill emblem onto the pulley/belt shield because, why not?
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive battery Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Then added the rear bumper carbon fiber patterned paint protector to the rear bumper. Matching the door sills I installed a few weeks back.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Tire

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Sills:
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
953 Posts
Double insulated my Impreza from firewall to back of the trunk to reduce road noise, particularly for back seat passengers. My son says its much better in the back now.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Is that stuff sticky? You're covering up your fuel tank fuel pump access.
I'm aware of that. It is sticky but not hard to remove.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
271 Posts
Double insulated my Impreza from firewall to back of the trunk to reduce road noise
my daughter was complaining about road noise yesterday. I told her to turn the radio up. Lol. She replied get her a better than base radio.

her car’s going strong so far. I’m off for five days in a row next week so it’s time to throw the winter wheel setup on and do some fluid film before the snow comes.

1081 - 1100 of 1105 Posts