5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Subaru showcased the new 2020 Legacy built on the global platform! What do you guys think of it?

I'm asking because the Impreza is due for a facelift next year going off of the last gen Impreza (12-14 was the pre-facelift, 15-16 was after)... Hopefully they bring that giant touchscreen over as at least an option on the limited version, or dare I say touring. My sport will be gone in a heartbeat if they do lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks high-end! However integrating climate controls with the screen seems against the grain of this "safety first" mentality... especially with controls being on the lower half of the screen.

Maybe I'm being dramatic - but the tactile knobyness of the current set-up doesn't require a glance or second thought... perhaps the same muscle memory can translate to a location on a touchscreen.

I suppose eyesight will take care of any emergency breaking while slow-adjusting eyes refocus on the road?

·
Registered
456 Posts
With auto climate there really isn’t any fiddling. Just let it do it’s thing. Which is why I assume more cars are going with it in the screen. I was always against auto climate until I got it. Now I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,905 Posts
IF it is built on the (Impreza) Global Platform I don't care what they call it, it may as well be an Impreza. The (Impreza) platform has always been used for the Imp and the Fozie. The Outback and Leggy used a larger platform.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For one I love the headlights and taillights on the new car. Especially the C led tailight assembly. The so should have done that with the Impreza from the start.Also heated steering wheel is something I wish I had on my new Impreza as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
an ultra premium, ultra priced Impreza...no thank you! interior is nice, but that is all.

·
Registered
319 Posts
IF it is built on the (Impreza) Global Platform I don't care what they call it, it may as well be an Impreza. The (Impreza) platform has always been used for the Imp and the Fozie. The Outback and Leggy used a larger platform.
Of course it's built on the global platform, that's the point of the platform. It's a modular platform so they can stretch and expand and move it around as needed to build bigger vehicles like the Ascent or the new Legacy and eventual Outback.

I don't see specs but I'm sure it'll still be every bit the larger car. Subaru isn't the only one using such a modular platform to make a range of vehicles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just like the fact that Subaru is still integrating the screens into the actual dashboard, and not taking the cheaper/easier route of just sticking a screen on, like a lot of Toyota's are doing (and I've always been a Toyota guy, my Impreza is my first Subaru).

·
Registered
263 Posts
The two things I don’t want in a car are a bigger Touchscreen and any driver aids or automatic steering or braking. The Secretary of State and my Insurance company doesn’t think I need any help driving, neither do I. I love the fact I can turn off my touchscreen since I almost never use it . We’re pushing up my wife’s car shopping so she can get a driver only car before it’s too late.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The two things I don’t want in a car are a bigger Touchscreen and any driver aids or automatic steering or braking. The Secretary of State and my Insurance company doesn’t think I need any help driving, neither do I. I love the fact I can turn off my touchscreen since I almost never use it . We’re pushing up my wife’s car shopping so she can get a driver only car before it’s too late.

Amen Bro'. Keep your eyes on your fancy touchscreen and you will be needing your automatic driving and stopping gizmos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts