5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to keep this topic simple.

I use Wolfgang products: Paint Sealant and Fuzion wax.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just changed to Car Pro products, specifically Cquartz. They mention I wouldn't have to wax or treat the paint for 2 years. I'm trying it out. whole exterior including the rims. So far so good. When the car gets dirty I just wash it and the water continues to bead back up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just changed to Car Pro products, specifically Cquartz. They mention I wouldn't have to wax or treat the paint for 2 years. I'm trying it out. whole exterior including the rims. So far so good. When the car gets dirty I just wash it and the water continues to bead back up.
What did you do in order to apply Cquartz? I'm thinking of buying the same thing and wanted to make sure I do it correctly the first time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you do in order to apply Cquartz? I'm thinking of buying the same thing and wanted to make sure I do it correctly the first time.
I ran through some You Tube videos about the application when the products were on order. I got the Cquartz UK edition because at the time of my application the temps were still chilly. The kit comes with the Cquartz product, applicator and 5 micro fiber cloths including a reload spray sealant. You also want to get plenty of micro fiber towels for the buff off. I also got the eraser shampoo and the iron x for the brake dust removal.

The hardest part was getting the paint super clean. Since this is a new car there was no need to clay the surface before applying Cquartz. I had these micro drops of tree sap that I couldn't see with my eyes, but I could feel with my hand when rubbed across the surface when it was wet. Once I was able to get those gone you need to dry the surface completely. Which I used a shop vac in the blow mode with a few paper towels from drips. Then the surface was ready for the Cquartz prep. You basically load up the applicator with a 5-8 drops of Cquartz and work your motion in a side to side action and then go over it again by going up and down, like a checker board completely covering the area. Do small area's like 2 square feet at a time, because in 1 minute you want to buff off the haze with a micro fiber towel. Turning the towel each time you buff a section. Continue with the whole car.

The rims I basically just applied by rubbing into the crevices every which way and buffing after a minute. I thought about removing the rims to do the back side, but I was tired and too lazy at the time to drag out the jack. For me it took all day, I started at 10am with washing, and I didn't finish up till about 6:30pm taking short breaks here and there.

So far the performance has me pleased. I'm all for the beads, baked on bird crap and tree sap just doesn't stick to the surface any more. It's so worth it. When it rains the entire car beads up including the rims and I have also washed the car about 30 times after this treatment. After washing I go for an air dry drive, and it looks like the day I just applied the sealant.

One thing I didn't like is the Reload. The reload makes the surface slick, as the Cquartz does not make the surface slick to the touch. Reload also makes the water have a sheeting action. I used the Reload on all my horizontal surfaces, which I may strip off and just apply the Cquartz again.

The first picture below is tree sap only sticking to a little portion of the surface. it was so easy to just scoop up. The second picture is the Reload on the sill, (you can see it sheeting water) and Cquartz on the vertical door panel beading up.

Full Cquartz on everything here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ran through some You Tube videos about the application when the products were on order. I got the Cquartz UK edition because at the time of my application the temps were still chilly. The kit comes with the Cquartz product, applicator and 5 micro fiber cloths including a reload spray sealant. You also want to get plenty of micro fiber towels for the buff off. I also got the eraser shampoo and the iron x for the brake dust removal.

The hardest part was getting the paint super clean. Since this is a new car there was no need to clay the surface before applying Cquartz. I had these micro drops of tree sap that I couldn't see with my eyes, but I could feel with my hand when rubbed across the surface when it was wet. Once I was able to get those gone you need to dry the surface completely. Which I used a shop vac in the blow mode with a few paper towels from drips. Then the surface was ready for the Cquartz prep. You basically load up the applicator with a 5-8 drops of Cquartz and work your motion in a side to side action and then go over it again by going up and down, like a checker board completely covering the area. Do small area's like 2 square feet at a time, because in 1 minute you want to buff off the haze with a micro fiber towel. Turning the towel each time you buff a section. Continue with the whole car.

The rims I basically just applied by rubbing into the crevices every which way and buffing after a minute. I thought about removing the rims to do the back side, but I was tired and too lazy at the time to drag out the jack. For me it took all day, I started at 10am with washing, and I didn't finish up till about 6:30pm taking short breaks here and there.

So far the performance has me pleased. I'm all for the beads, baked on bird crap and tree sap just doesn't stick to the surface any more. It's so worth it. When it rains the entire car beads up including the rims and I have also washed the car about 30 times after this treatment. After washing I go for an air dry drive, and it looks like the day I just applied the sealant.

One thing I didn't like is the Reload. The reload makes the surface slick, as the Cquartz does not make the surface slick to the touch. Reload also makes the water have a sheeting action. I used the Reload on all my horizontal surfaces, which I may strip off and just apply the Cquartz again.

What products did you use to wash the car? Were they other Car Pro products?
You said you didn't need to clay the surface because it is new. Can you explain what that means? Was there anything else you had to do other than wash the car?
The Impreza Sport will be my first new car and i want to ensure I properly take care of everything. It seems like the Cquartz is a great product and not too expensive. I currently have a '97 infiniti i30 that's seen better days. Since I got it, I haven't really done anything to protect the exterior other than some soap and spray wax from walmart lol. I do not want to use that stuff on my new car, its horrible

·
Registered
81 Posts
What does the reload do exactly? Compared to the Cquartz

·
Registered
308 Posts
To keep it simple:

Sonax polymer net-shielf for a sealant

Meguiars carnauba wax for top up every two washes

Meguiars quick wax as a drying aid

·
Registered
2017 Toyota 86, 2020 Impreza
65 Posts
What does the reload do exactly? Compared to the Cquartz
Reload is a Sio2 maintenance product for Cquartz. Designed as a topper to help keep the hydrophobic properties of the coating in peak condition.
It shouldn't change the coatings behavior. Odd that tripswitch is having issues with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts