5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a source by the name of Adrian Sandoval:

Quote:

"As is Subaru's way, the new models are both all-wheel drive, while power comes from revised a 2.0-litre four-cylinder "boxer" horizontally-opposed four-cylinder engine producing a little more grunt the model that came before it, with 114kW compared with 110kW of the old model.

If safety features are priority number one, then the return of Subaru's EyeSight assist tech (lane-keep assist, automatic braking, more) should satisfy.

The Impreza, Doll said, excels at delivering a mixture of attractive style, good fuel economy, safety, dependability and affordability. The newfound rigidity allowed the company to further lower the center of gravity and re-engineer the suspension setup, with Subaru saying that this is the biggest-ever leap in the brand's performance evolution.

All 2017 Impreza models include as standard equipment front seat side impact airbags, side curtain airbags and a driver's knee airbag. Also available is the rear cross traffic alert, blind spot detection, high beam assist, and steering responsive headlights. A standard backup camera also includes reverse automatic braking, to prevent you from accidentally running over an errant child when leaving the driveway. It will be the basis for a variety of upcoming Subaru vehicles, including hybrids. All Impreza Sports get a black-finish grille, while the Sport 5-doors has glossy black rear-gate trim."

Sounds like a great performance car and looks great on both exteriorly and interiorly.

I personally also like the safety features on the car.

Thinking of getting the sedan now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That whole focus on safety might be why we seen some cross bar in black in the trunk area. Maybe they had in mind to give occupants the safest vehicle in a rear-end collision. Good move to pull more families and and probably away from cars like the Camry and Accord.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm actually glad that they're focusing on safety, that means we'll be getting nice features as standard. Rear view cameras are still an additional option on a lot of models unless you go for an expensive luxury model.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interior room. It's the only compact I can sit in comfortably, the others feel like my head is about to hit the roof. Leg room for the driver is also the best I could find.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm glad they're working on the safety of the vehicle as well, but I sure hope that eyesight remains optional. I don't trust it nor do I want a car with it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm glad they're working on the safety of the vehicle as well, but I sure hope that eyesight remains optional. I don't trust it nor do I want a car with it.
You should be more open minded...it may just save your life one day or minimize the amount of damage done to your car:surprise:

Reactions: s10blazed

·
Registered
135 Posts
You should be more open minded...it may just save your life one day or minimize the amount of damage done to your car:surprise:
I'll +1 you on this. I was hesitant about getting EyeSight installed when we ordered our Impreza. Ultimately we didn't have much choice for the other options we were excited for. Plus we realized many accessories and parts can be added later if we change our mind... but many of the electronic options would be difficult or more expensive later. So we got it loaded to the brim with options and the whole EyeSight package has been great. If I had to go through it again, I wouldn't buy an Impreza without it. It started out as a cool thing to talk about with the lane departures and "seeing" the other cars on the road. Now, I wonder why every car doesn't have this. The cruise control is just fantastic. The automatic braking just saved me from backing in my my Grandma's old car yesterday, and the lane centering gizmo is just a half step away from driving itself.

·
Registered
521 Posts
No thanks, I don't want that crap. I don't even want a car that shifts for me.

Reactions: Haystack

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
No thanks, I don't want that crap. I don't even want a car that shifts for me.
Sounds like you want a FRED FLINTSTONE mobile...to each their own my friend but I know a ton of folks that felt the same way as you until it saved their @$$ and now they are believers:smile2:

Enjoy driving what you have because in 5-10 years we won't be driving...the car will be doing it for us and the Government will control where and when you can "drive" your own car...it's coming sooner than we all think:frown2:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like you want a FRED FLINTSTONE mobile...to each their own my friend but I know a ton of folks that felt the same way as you until it saved their @$$ and now they are believers:smile2:

Enjoy driving what you have because in 5-10 years we won't be driving...the car will be doing it for us and the Government will control where and when you can "drive" your own car...it's coming sooner than we all think:frown2:
I totally agree with one slight exception. It won't have to be the government who regulates who drives their own car. It will be the insurance companies. Once self driving tech is readily available and reliable it will just simply cost too much to insure a non-self-driving car. The "risk factor" of a human driver will get exaggerated so they can charge whatever they want and push for the self driving cars. I have a feeling I'm going to see a time in my life where it will be cheaper to go buy a self driving car than to pay the insurance on that 3 pedal'd econobox mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
45 Posts
One thing that is exceptional about the Impreza (all Subarus) with Eyesight-- when some thing isn't working you get a dashboard message. For example, when there's heavy snow, I often get a box with the word eyesight and a line through it, because the visibility is so bad. My bike rack makes the rear warnings not work so there is a little message saying it is off.

I had a Rav4 with their version of eyesight. I used the blind spot monitors (especially on the driver's side where the seat has a high back). I almost had an accident because it was shut off with no warning. I might have hit it getting in with snowboard pants. The place to turn it on and off was a button with a tiny light that faced the floor under the far left of the dash. No warning and you couldn't even see the light driving. I used to try to remember to check it when I got in.

Many cars put this stuff in but without warnings telling you if they are off, it's more dangerous than not having it. The only warning I would get was "traction control off" even though I had all time all wheel drive and push button 4 wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts