5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
The fact that the power button on the head unit is just a mute button infuriates me. I listen to loud tunes on the way home from work. I hit the "power" button when I get home and then turn off my car. I get in the car in the morning and start it. The radio is no longer muted and is now playing at the power that I was listening to Slayer the night before. I go to panic mode because the volume surprised me and now I can't change the volume for 5~ seconds because of the idiot warning on the screen. Makes me want to take a hammer to it every time it happens. Also, why the **** can't I turn the volume up or down when in reverse? Sometimes the head unit has a delay turning on and waits until I am in reverse to kick on my radio at high volume. Not a big deal but I have traded cars for less.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Most new cars have it that way with the radio screen and the on/off/mute button. If you hold the button down it will turn the radio off.

Same with being locked out with radio functions while in reverse with the reverse camera on.

Both of my other brand cars do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most new cars have it that way with the radio screen and the on/off/mute button. If you hold the button down it will turn the radio off.

Same with being locked out with radio functions while in reverse with the reverse camera on.

Both of my other brand cars do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did not know about holding the button down. That changes things. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I generally like the car. It has a nice ride and is fun to drive. I think it is noisy when it comes to outside noise. When other vehicles pass by it kind of sounds like a window is open. The exhaust system could be quieter also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far I've owned the 2019 sport 5spd for 1000 miles. Finally done with the break in period, so I can punch it bit.

Likes: Ride quality, handling, looks, AWD, big windows and visibility, quiet cabin, price. Easy roof rack install. Overall positive on all of the main factors which is why i bought it!

Dislikes: 5spd fuel economy and power. Paint and body dings easily. No LED adaptive lights on sport trim. Seats have no lumbar support, not stiff enough or bolstered enough. USB port placement is poor.

Quirks: Interior dash plastics, leatherette, touch screen, and rear hatch collect dust as if it were their intended purpose. Wish I could turn off the eco gauge, it's distracting. Want the Starlink Screen to turn off automatically when it's idle (hoping a future firmware update can add this option). The center armrest has no effective organizing dividers, it's just a box. Wish there were someplace aside from cupholders to hold a phone when plugged in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, “USB port placement is poor.” And carplay does not work through a hub. Android does.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Love: Styling, interior, high flake paint, aftermarket parts availability.
Hate: Horribly thin clear coat with extremely soft paint, underpowered engine (still decent for the money), production quality, random noises / rattles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not a hate, but one thing I would like on my Limited is memory seats and mirrors. When we travel my wife and I swap driving hourly. Memory seats would be greatly appreciated since the Impreza is our travel vehicle.

And do wish there was a USB port in the front. Have thought about trying to move the existing port from the armrest bin.

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
37 Posts
2020 Sport hatch 5 speed. I actually do really like this car but there are some quirks and lack of standard features on Subaru's behalf

Pros: handling, 18" low profile tires (for handling), engine noise, AWD confidence, proximity entry, PIN access, rear legroom (none in my previous two Mazda 3s), auto headlights, Google Maps on the screen instead of phone, smaller in size than gen 3 Mazda 3 yet more room.

Cons: 5 speed only while Crosstrek has a 6 speed, 18" low profile tires (bumps and subpar road surfaces), 5 speed + AWD economy (27 mpg), lack of seat side bolstering, no auto wipers, blind spot detection and reverse cross traffic alert not standard (standard in gen 3 Mazda 3: reverse alert saved me a few times in my last car), unable to readily see gauge brightness control, screen (and guage) brightness too bright when left in "auto" setting, overhead airbag lights are too bright for night driving.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Cons: 5 speed only while Crosstrek has a 6 speed
Have you tried a Crosstrek with the 6 speed? I did and was surprised that I liked the 5 speed better. Before that I was also wishing for the Crosstrek 6 speed. I would definitely pick the Crosstrek 6 speed over a CVT though.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,031 Posts
Have you tried a Crosstrek with the 6 speed? I did and was surprised that I liked the 5 speed better. Before that I was also wishing for the Crosstrek 6 speed. I would definitely pick the Crosstrek 6 speed over a CVT though.
It's a tougher decision now that the 2021 has the larger motor.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The Crosstrek 2.5L motor is only available with CVT. I'll be waiting patiently for the WRX on 5th gen platform.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I hate the fake Carbo fiber in mine. I've tempted to see if someone could wrap it or replace it for just basic black plastic. And the fake carbon is purple in the sun WTF lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hate the fake Carbo fiber in mine. I've tempted to see if someone could wrap it or replace it for just basic black plastic. And the fake carbon is purple in the sun WTF lol
I assume you mean the door trim on the Sport? I don't understand why they would have done two different size "weaves". Other than that I think the small weave looks decent. I haven't notice any purple tint to it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just figured it'd be nice to not have to run at 3k+ RPM driving 70 to 75, which isn't the greatest for the engine or gas gauge.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm not positive the 6th gear is a taller top gear ratio than the 5spd has. Around 3.5k is where the VVT kicks in and this engine gets happy.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza sedan 5mt/ Adf 1.5, 1.3/4 lift spacers 215/65/16 Toyo climates
14 Posts
So I think this has been said quite a few times but I'm going to say it again I hate the fact that I got it in five speed it needs that sixth gear I hate the hell start assist because when you're taking off at a hill it just doesn't give you the pep right off the bat it holds the hell start for a little too long I hate that the engine is so severely underpowered. Now I love the fact that it is just an awesome looking sedan I love the all-wheel drive I love that there are no blind spots and I just love the interior oh yeah and I love the fact that it is cheap or should I say one of the most well-equipped cars in its price range at least for my liking.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I hate the hell start assist because when you're taking off at a hill it just doesn't give you the pep right off the bat it holds the hell start for a little too long I hate that
The owner's manual has the instructions to disable hill start assist. I've had it disabled since April 2017. The little light on the dash hasn't burned out yet, but that's ok because that confirms it's still turned off.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,031 Posts
When the hill holder was mechanical it was much easier to deal with now that it's electronic it's a major pain in the butt. Soon as I heard we could disable it that's the first thing I did. I just have a little piece of black tape sign up see the light.

·
Registered
2017 Red Impreza Sport
139 Posts
I hate the harman kardon amp and how hard it is to find a replacement / repair. 7 / 7 shops have "misplaced" replacements and buying a new replacement 86221FL00A (now 86221FL00C) costs as much as just buying a new head unit and amp. I also hate how weak the paint is and how easily paint chips off. This car was made on the cheap, but I will drive it to hell and back because it was able to go up a steep 6" deep snow bank at 30 mph for 1000 feet. That could have been a very unfortunate thanksgiving.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts