5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have to get a wheel bearing replaced? I started hearing a noise around 4500 miles and took it to my dealership. At that point it wasn't loud enough to diagnose, so they told me to bring it back when it got louder. I took it back last week and they said it is the wheel bearing and ordered a new front axle assembly. All covered under warranty of course. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Anyone else have to get a wheel bearing replaced? I started hearing a noise around 4500 miles and took it to my dealership. At that point it wasn't loud enough to diagnose, so they told me to bring it back when it got louder. I took it back last week and they said it is the wheel bearing and ordered a new front axle assembly. All covered under warranty of course. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.
Holy sh** that's insane, but glad you got taken care of. I haven't had this issue, yet. Hopefully it's a once off, like the owner who had to replace the fuel pump in their brand new Impreza a few months ago.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ouch! Not a good sign for engineering and quality control there!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure about the axle assembly having wheel bearings, they are in the hubs of the front wheel drive
cars I have owned. The longer axle in some cars have a support bearing. Maybe a Subaru axle
assembly includes the hub?

Clifton

·
Registered
1 Posts
wheel bearing need to be replaced in time, the bearing also have life.
here is the article about the top 9 brand for the wheel bearing. Hope it will help you know more about the top brand in the wheel bearing indutry.
Top 9 brands in the wheel bearing industry | Starwex is a professional auto bearings supplier from China

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had mine replaced twice 1st time at 18500 miles, second at 21100 miles, the service tech said then that subaru wheel bearings that he has dealt with aren't as good of quality

·
Registered
357 Posts
So I may have a bad wheel bearing too at 40K miles. Mostly heard 50MPH and up.Too early for these type of failures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts