5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have issues with bad wheel bearings way earlier than expected? Our 2017 has 60k miles and this is the second time we’ve had this issue. Shouldn’t this be on the warranty? Very expensive fix. Not happy with this car and thinking this is it for us with Subaru.

· Registered
804 Posts
Anyone else have issues with bad wheel bearings way earlier than expected? Our 2017 has 60k miles and this is the second time we’ve had this issue. Shouldn’t this be on the warranty? Very expensive fix. Not happy with this car and thinking this is it for us with Subaru.
I cannot say if it was "way earlier than expected" but my 2017 Impreza needed both rear wheel-bearings at around 40K miles in 2022. (about 5 years old) I simply took it to TRUSTED local shop and had them do the job.

Additionally, the front control-arm bushings were torn and also replaced. It also needed front brakes and rotors. (rears were replaced last year)

DISCLAIMER: I bought my Impreza cheep with 'reclaimed' title so I have no factory "warantee". I expect to pay to maintain any vehicle I own.... it is part of owning a machine. I take care of it.... it lasts about 10-12 years before it rusts into oblivion. 😪

· Registered
54 Posts
I had my first wheel bearing done around 35k, I’ve had all 4 done at various times under warranty and Subaru extended warranty. Also had both front struts blow 2 weeks apart. No Subaru doesn’t replace in pairs like the Germans do. Also had my front lower control arms bushings done just before my warranty ended. Oh, and coming up on wheel bearing #5 thanks to a pothole in NY. Subaru wheel bearings are terrible. Most common thing I see when I peak into the shop. My parents 17 legacy needed one at 20k. No potholes, they live in the south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts