5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a 1st time Subaru owner and cannot find any info on when to do an alignment on the Impreza. It's a 2017 premium hatchback I've had since January with about 18,000 miles currently on it. I'm going in for the 3rd oil change/rotation soon and wondering if I need to do the alignment now as well?
Thanks, Sheazie

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you have unusual tire wear, heavy wear on one side of a tire or other abnormal wear the alignment
should be checked. When your tires are rotated the shop should tell you if the car needs alignment.
I think the only thing that can be adjusted on the Impreza is probably front and (rear toe?).

I haven't crawled under the car to see what can be adjusted.

Clifton

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Another question, should the tires be rotated AND balanced at every oil change? I've only had them rotated at each oil change so far. I do go to the dealer for service and they haven't mentioned balancing or alignment yet, but I do drive about 1800 miles/month.
-Sheazie

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd go with flash75's recommendation on the alignment (only needed if an issue shows) and follow that also on balance. When you mount new tires, they should be balanced at that time.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I get my tires rotated at EVERY oil change interval...a good habit to get into.

Reactions: HolyGrall
1 - 7 of 7 Posts