5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pic of your front grill please? Where do you get the badgeless grill?
This is the one he has 2016-2020 Impreza Sport GT 5 Doors Hatchback | Chargespeed USA
It's on the spendy side, so if your goal is to go badgeless there are other options.
1. Subaru sells the OEM sport mesh grill here.
Cheapest place I could find it besides one on eBay for $199. Your dealer would charge $300.
2. Here is an option for a pre-cut mesh insert for $50. Only downer is that you have to chop the middle out of your stock grill since it reuses the frame.
3. DIY! This is the route I went with. It still requires cutting the grill middle out, but I got over it and I know you can too! I went with a metal mesh on mine but you can pick up a sheet of ABS car grill material and make yourself up a replica of the Subaru sport mesh grill for 1/5 the price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought this 2018 Impreza in February, my first Subaru! enjoying the cargo space, hauled 10 bags of mulch last weekend... just added the crossbars, window tint and wheels/tires next

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
107 Posts
Hey all, I just picked up my new hatch from the dealer today. A 2020 base as you can see ha, loving it thus far. I traded in a Chevy Cruze on the Impreza mainly for the awd. I’m looking forward to getting to make some changes wheels, grills, etc. View attachment 23179
Love that color! Also, just noticed the 2020s have a redesigned front bumper. I dig it. Welcome to the Base Hatch crew lol.

·
Registered
2020 Impreza 5 Door base 5MT
56 Posts
Love that color! Also, just noticed the 2020s have a redesigned front bumper. I dig it. Welcome to the Base Hatch crew lol.
Thanks! The color I was honestly worried about a bit since I didn’t see it in person before choosing it, but when I saw it in the sun upon arrival I was instantly happy about it. Yeah it has a slightly revised front end and the new taillights. I’m not sure quite what else has changed as I haven’t been inside another Impreza of this generation.

·
Registered
2020 Manual 4-door Base
59 Posts
Hey all, I just picked up my new hatch from the dealer today. A 2020 base as you can see ha, loving it thus far. I traded in a Chevy Cruze on the Impreza mainly for the awd. I’m looking forward to getting to make some changes wheels, grills, etc. View attachment 23179
That's a sweet color.. you're lucky. I'm kinda salty because they apparently won't offer that anymore in canada.. I bought a brand new 2020 sedan 5speed 2 months ago and had to settle for the dark blue. I love my car but will always have a bit of a bitterness in me that I couldn't get the Island or rally blue lol
View attachment 23236

·
Registered
2020 Impreza 5 Door base 5MT
56 Posts
That's a sweet color.. you're lucky. I'm kinda salty because they apparently won't offer that anymore in canada.. I bought a brand new 2020 sedan 5speed 2 months ago and had to settle for the dark blue. I love my car but will always have a bit of a bitterness in me that I couldn't get the Island or rally blue lol View attachment 23237 View attachment 23241 View attachment 23242 View attachment 23236
Thanks! I do really like the Ocean Blue Pearl(somehow it’s different slightly than the Coral Blue or whatever it was called in past years), however I actually wanted your color car haha. Unfortunately here they don’t offer the dark blue with a black interior only two tone with beige seats that screamed “I’ll be filthy in a month!” So I went for the lighter blue. That being said I’ve not seen my car since I took that photo as it broke and was returned to Subaru and they don’t know how to repair it or aren’t willing to so I’ve been in a Legacy loaner basically the entire time.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts