5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody CONFIRMED which OEM wheels will fit on the Sport without issue? Will the 16" Impreza wheels fit? 17"? Wheels from a different model? I'm dying to order my wheels/tires for winter but still haven't found any concrete answers as to what wheels will fit and I really hate to keep 18" wheels for winter. If somebody has actually taken the 16" wheels off an Impreza and put them on the Sport that would be great. I'd really like to buy some used Subaru wheels since they have the proper offsets, etc. versus buying aftermarket wheels.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,970 Posts
I think that just saying "all 17" rims will fit the Impreza Sport" is not going to work, the design of the rim has to fit over the large brakes that are put on the front of the car. I have seen people fitting WRX rims on them but they are 9" wide.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that just saying "all 17" rims will fit the Impreza Sport" is not going to work, the design of the rim has to fit over the large brakes that are put on the front of the car. I have seen people fitting WRX rims on them but they are 9" wide.
Right, that's why I'm wondering if we have any confirmed fits. Like can I buy a set of used 2017 Impreza 16" wheels and expect them to fit, etc.

If not I'll probably just go with the 18" wheels to make sure they fit because I don't want to have to pay shipping and restocking fees to a place like Tire Rack if they don't fit (especially when Tire Rack is saying nothing except the 18" wheels will fit).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is a previous post from me regarding winter wheels:

"When I inquired about steel wheels at my local dealer they quoted 17 inch silver wheels at a cost of CDN$100 each (which is only about US$80). When I googled the part number (28111SG000 ) it came back with Subaru Forester 17j" Steel Wheels."

·
Registered
778 Posts
there is a member on here with a Sport 5dr (i believe) and 17" Crosstrek rims on it for winter. maybe he will chime in. and those wheels look dang good on the Impreza too i might add.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks, that's my car with the Crosstrek wheels. They are 17x7 and fit with no problem on the front. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all 17 x 7 and 17.7.5 OE Subaru wheels will fit the 4G Impreza Sport. I've been around Subarus for a long time and most everything is compatible with each other. The WRX 4-pots created a little problem with the 16in wheels when they were introduced and certainly the change to the 5 x 114.5 lug pattern on the WRX wheels made a difference as well.

Here's a shot of the front wheel. It's not a super close detail, but you can see that there is plenty of clearance from the caliper.

My fav are the Prodrive P7s on my Outback. Those came from my WRX.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that's my car with the Crosstrek wheels. They are 17x7 and fit with no problem on the front. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all 17 x 7 and 17.7.5 OE Subaru wheels will fit the 4G Impreza Sport. I've been around Subarus for a long time and most everything is compatible with each other. The WRX 4-pots created a little problem with the 16in wheels when they were introduced and certainly the change to the 5 x 114.5 lug pattern on the WRX wheels made a difference as well.

Here's a shot of the front wheel. It's not a super close detail, but you can see that there is plenty of clearance from the caliper.

Looks good. I really like the Crosstrek wheels, but my only concern is that they aren't the same 55 offset as the Impreza wheels (I think the Crosstrek is 48 or something). My goal with OEM was to get the exact same offset since it doesn't look like Tire Rack has any that are the same 55 offset as stock.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks good. I really like the Crosstrek wheels, but my only concern is that they aren't the same 55 offset as the Impreza wheels (I think the Crosstrek is 48 or something). My goal with OEM was to get the exact same offset since it doesn't look like Tire Rack has any that are the same 55 offset as stock.
Actually, if you want the face of the wheel to be in the same position as the 18x7.5's, the offset has to be lower due to the 17" rims being 1/2" narrower. 48mm is actually about perfect.

Here are a couple of calculators:
Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=225-40-18X7.5ET55&wheel2=205-50-17X7ET48&fcl=50mm&scl=50mm&wcl=30mm&sr=0mm

·
Registered
95 Posts

What size tires did you use? Any change to the speedo reading? Looks killer!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here’s a chart from discount tire that you can enter your current tire size and the size you want to go to. It will tell you the difference in the speedometer as well as the difference between the height and several different aspects. So if you are going to a smaller wheel you can get a tire that will be similar size to the bigger wheel, and find out how much your speedo will be off.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/learn/tire-size-calculator

·
Registered
778 Posts

i actually think i like the XV wheels on the Sport better than what comes on them from the factory. i just like the extra width of the 225 tires on them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do the Crosstrek wheels use the same lug nuts as the stock wheels? It would be nice to just have to deal with the single set of lug nuts for both sets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do the Crosstrek wheels use the same lug nuts as the stock wheels? It would be nice to just have to deal with the single set of lug nuts for both sets.
Yes. They are the 5x100 pattern. Only the WRX (2015+) and the STi have the 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. They are the 5x100 pattern. Only the WRX (2015+) and the STi have the 5x114.3 bolt pattern.
Right, the pattern is the same, but are the nuts themselves the same as far as the shape (cone, etc.). I think they probably are but was just wondering.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought 4x refurbished 2016-2017 Crosstrek 17" wheels for my Impreza Sport. I went ahead and also bought a set of 205/50/R17 Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 tires from Tirerack - they get pretty good reviews. I'll have to have the TPMS sensors transferred from my 18" Sport rims (which will be going up for sale soon enough!)

I'm hoping it'll get better snow traction, and maybe even slightly better MPG from the narrower & lighter tires/wheels. A little extra cushy ride for long highway rides will be nice, too. Plus 1/2" more clearance from road to rim for potholes and curbs. I'd have preferred 16" wheels for that, but hey, big disc brakes.

Fingers crossed that this all works out! I'll take some photos once installed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought 4x refurbished 2016-2017 Crosstrek 17" wheels for my Impreza Sport. I went ahead and also bought a set of 205/50/R17 Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 tires from Tirerack - they get pretty good reviews. I'll have to have the TPMS sensors transferred from my 18" Sport rims (which will be going up for sale soon enough!)

I'm hoping it'll get better snow traction, and maybe even slightly better MPG from the narrower & lighter tires/wheels. A little extra cushy ride for long highway rides will be nice, too. Plus 1/2" more clearance from road to rim for potholes and curbs. I'd have preferred 16" wheels for that, but hey, big disc brakes.

Fingers crossed that this all works out! I'll take some photos once installed.
I did the exact same thing as far as the wheels (went with the Blizzaks for tires). Just don't pay attention to how the wheels are directional and they look like they are going backwards on one side of the car haha... my friend pointed that out and now I have to try and ignore it...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did the exact same thing as far as the wheels (went with the Blizzaks for tires). Just don't pay attention to how the wheels are directional and they look like they are going backwards on one side of the car haha... my friend pointed that out and now I have to try and ignore it...
Hah, I thought about that after buying them. On the plus side, you can't see both sides of the car at the same time. Also, if you drive fast enough you won't notice the directions, anyways :p

1 - 20 of 50 Posts