5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
So I finally got my Crosstrek wheels delivered from Midwest Wheel & Tire, and took them to NTB where my Tirerack tires have been waiting. I explained the TPMS situation, and that the TPMS sensors should be moved to the new wheels, and put in the same positions they're already in. They understood. But, unfortunately, I guess with the new 2017 TPMS sensors also came new special valve stems, and NTB didn't have any in stock, nor did any nearby auto parts stores. They said only the dealer has them at this point.
I guess I'm just going to take the car to the dealer 35min away :-( Unfortunately, they don't have appointments for like 2 weeks! Ugh. It is so frustrating that Subaru doesn't seem to be considering non-dealer shops when it comes to something so stupid as TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, after finally getting the new valves from Subaru, unfortunately, I can confirm that the 2016-2017 Crosstrek wheels DO have an issue with the '17 impreza sport! The wheels grind on the front brake calipers! Photos Here I guess now I get to look into buying spacers. Luckily, NTB seemed sympathetic and will re-mount the wheels with spacers once I buy some. I should have just bought the pre-2016 Crosstrek wheels. :-( This has become a major pain in my ass.

@KayakGuy, did you have any luck with your set?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, after finally getting the new valves from Subaru, unfortunately, I can confirm that the 2016-2017 Crosstrek wheels DO have an issue with the '17 impreza sport! The wheels grind on the front brake calipers! Photos Here I guess now I get to look into buying spacers. Luckily, NTB seemed sympathetic and will re-mount the wheels with spacers once I buy some. I should have just bought the pre-2016 Crosstrek wheels. :-( This has become a major pain in my ass.

Wow, totally surprised by this. I’ve had 16 inch steel wheels w/snows on my sport since November, no fitment issue. I guess Subaru beefed up the Crosstrek wheels for off road use and they interfer with the larger brakes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, totally surprised by this. I’ve had 16 inch steel wheels w/snows on my sport since November, no fitment issue. I guess Subaru beefed up the Crosstrek wheels for off road use and they interfer with the larger brakes.
Yeah, it is frustrating that they don't have standards across their models, but I guess not many people probably swap wheels between vehicle types. I bought some 3mm spacers - hopefully that does the trick. They don't need that much more clearance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
width and offset are the big factors on brake caliper clearance.... my other car has 12" brakes with 15" wheels

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep have been researching for a while if i can downsize for Winter tires on my sport and this is what TireRack replied with:
"For snow traction, the narrower tires will perform better. Unfortunately, switching sizes is not always an option, which may be the case for your vehicle."

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yep have been researching for a while if i can downsize for Winter tires on my sport and this is what TireRack replied with:
"For snow traction, the narrower tires will perform better. Unfortunately, switching sizes is not always an option, which may be the case for your vehicle."
I’m running a 16” Tire Rack package from my 14 Impreza on my 2017 Sport. No issues with fitment, even asked the service tech that programmed the sensors and he couldn’t come up with a reason why Tire Rack has a issue with it, he thought they fit fine. It’s been almost 2 months now and all is good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh ... and just for the info..Most of the Factory 16,17 or 18in 5x100 wheels will fit with no issue.. you can pick up 16x6.5 USDM WRX wheels for super cheap to mount your snows.. I am NOT currently running TPMS.. as my snows are from my 99 Wagon that I have used in the past..no issues...What so ever

Bill

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anybody CONFIRMED which OEM wheels will fit on the Sport without issue? Will the 16" Impreza wheels fit? 17"? Wheels from a different model? I'm dying to order my wheels/tires for winter but still haven't found any concrete answers as to what wheels will fit and I really hate to keep 18" wheels for winter. If somebody has actually taken the 16" wheels off an Impreza and put them on the Sport that would be great. I'd really like to buy some used Subaru wheels since they have the proper offsets, etc. versus buying aftermarket wheels.
I just bought 2002 impreza outback OEM wheels for $30. Im fixing the curb rashes and sanding them down for paint..I believe they are 16x6.5 et55. I have the stock steelies with hubcaps and i hate them. After I'm done painting and install them I'll send you some pics if that helps

·
Registered
44 Posts

Interesting. I have 2015 Crosstrek wheels and have no fitment issues on my Sport. Sorry, you had problems with the 16-17 wheels.

·
Registered
778 Posts

well this sucks! I also own a 2016 Crosstrek and was going to replace the wheels soon and use the stock ones on my Impreza Sport. I guess now I have to rethink my plan. I looked at the pics of your car, it looks exactly like mine except I have 2 bike racks on the roof bars. but I can say, I love the LOOK of the XV wheels on the car. Subaru should have used a machined/black wheel on the Impreza instead of the machined/dark gray wheels that comes on the Sport.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Winter mode: '17 Sport-Tech, w/ OEM FR-S/BR-Z rims, 17x7 et48, 205/50/17 Yokos. Replaced the centre caps with an Impreza "I".

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks! @Haystack, 2017SportHatch & Scooby South

I kind of regret not using these 17's for summer instead, and use 16" steelies for winter, bc the OEM 18's are heavy as a mofo, lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice look with the Legacy rims!

I wanted to see how they would look on the Impreza, too. My buddy traded in his Legacy before I could try them on.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts