5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice look with the Legacy rims!

I wanted to see how they would look on the Impreza, too. My buddy traded in his Legacy before I could try them on.
One thing I noticed with all the wheel and tire packages which are nice

Eg. Oem wrx rim is say 16 lbs

The rims from 17 impreza is between 22-25lbs

Hmm

Wheel Weight and Unsprung weight

Bearings and suspension will thank you

·
Registered
98 Posts
well this sucks! I also own a 2016 Crosstrek and was going to replace the wheels soon and use the stock ones on my Impreza Sport. I guess now I have to rethink my plan. I looked at the pics of your car, it looks exactly like mine except I have 2 bike racks on the roof bars. but I can say, I love the LOOK of the XV wheels on the car. Subaru should have used a machined/black wheel on the Impreza instead of the machined/dark gray wheels that comes on the Sport.
I ended up getting a couple of 3mm spacers from Amazon and that seems to be working well enough. I might notice a little more vibration - but who knows if that is due to the new machined wheels, the new tires, balance job, or the spacers not perfectly centering the wheel on the hub - despite them being called "hubcentric" it seems that pushing the wheel a bit away from the conical hub center might sort of break that alignment feature.

I really like how the XV wheels look on the car, though. Agreed it should have been an option - honestly it is the only thing I like more about the Crosstrek than the Impreza.

This reminds me - I need to clean up and list my Sport wheels for sale!

·
Registered
151 Posts
One thing I noticed with all the wheel and tire packages which are nice

Wheel Weight and Unsprung weight

Bearings and suspension will thank you
Yeah the Legacy wheels are actually a couple pounds lighter per wheel than the 17+ Impreza Sport 18" wheels, according to what I read online. So better ride quality, better fuel economy, and better longevity of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's why I was originally looking for 02-04 16" WRX rims, bc they were light @16.5lbs/each, iirc. I was also looking for Saab 9-2X Aero rims, which is basically a WRX

The OEM 18" Impreza rims are heavy. When I was putting them away in storage, my guess would be at least +22lbs each, plus tires. Mind you my FR-S/BR-Z rims are not light either, around 20.1lbs plus tires, but I got a really good deal on them and came at the right time when the snow starting to fall.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's why I was originally looking for 02-04 16" WRX rims, bc they were light @16.5lbs/each, iirc. I was also looking for Saab 9-2X Aero rims, which is basically a WRX

The OEM 18" Impreza rims are heavy. When I was putting them away in storage, my guess would be at least +22lbs each, plus tires. Mind you my FR-S/BR-Z rims are not light either, around 20.1lbs plus tires, but I got a really good deal on them and came at the right time when the snow starting to fall.
I am seriously thinking of replacing my OEM16" rims that came with the car for a set of WRX rims I found several
All the OEM rims on the new Impreza's are heavy
The rims on my Impreza are from a GD WRX 05 exact 55offset
I have found quite a few on the selling sites

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just for clarification I have a 2017 Impreza sport, I saw that you have 205/50/17 tires and 17x7 wheels. These sizes fit on the sport? Trying to get a smaller tire size for the winter.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just for clarification I have a 2017 Impreza sport, I saw that you have 205/50/17 tires and 17x7 wheels. These sizes fit on the sport? Trying to get a smaller tire size for the winter.
Yes. I have 205/50/17 snow tires on 2005 WRX rims for my Sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here’s a chart from discount tire that you can enter your current tire size and the size you want to go to. It will tell you the difference in the speedometer as well as the difference between the height and several different aspects. So if you are going to a smaller wheel you can get a tire that will be similar size to the bigger wheel, and find out how much your speedo will be off.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/learn/tire-size-calculator
hi all I used that tire calculator but does anyone know or recommend if going up from a 205/55 to a 205/65 cause any damage assuming they will fit?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts