5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone ordered a 17 Impreza from the factory, and what was your timeline like from order to delivery?

I placed my order on 20 February and so far the estimated delivery time frame is end of April.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone ordered a 17 Impreza from the factory, and what was your timeline like from order to delivery?

I placed my order on 20 February and so far the estimated delivery time frame is end of April.
What trim line did you order? Premium, Sport or Limited?
I got a premium on Jan. 25th. But, selected one off of the lot. Which was not a big selection

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the sport trim. The push button start, 8" information screen, and the active torque vectoring were the deciding factors.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hello,

OMG I couldn't wait that long to get my hands on this baby. I visited my local dealer last Monday & by Friday I was driving off the lot with it. I got the Sport Wagon in Crystal White Pearl. The only thing was the vehicle has to be brought down from another dealer in ME. I almost couldn't sleep last week waiting to pick up this baby lol. Definitely satisfied with everything so far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealership that I ordered from didn't have the exact sport I wanted with blind spot detection, but without eyesight (I've had friends who have it in their vehicles say that it has a tendency to slam on the brakes when merging from on-ramps and passing other vehicles on the interstate). Luckily, I'm patient enough to wait the 6-8 weeks the dealership told me it would take to get here (at least I think I am, I do have a countdown app on my phone that tells me there's 55 days left until the last day of April).

The good thing about ordering is that I am getting exactly what I want, nothing more and nothing less.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The dealership that I ordered from didn't have the exact sport I wanted with blind spot detection, but without eyesight (I've had friends who have it in their vehicles say that it has a tendency to slam on the brakes when merging from on-ramps and passing other vehicles on the interstate). Luckily, I'm patient enough to wait the 6-8 weeks the dealership told me it would take to get here (at least I think I am, I do have a countdown app on my phone that tells me there's 55 days left until the last day of April).

The good thing about ordering is that I am getting exactly what I want, nothing more and nothing less.
LOL that's hilarious but there's no way I could wait that long OMG I would go insaneeeee. The wait will be very worthy though trust me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I once waited 579 days between the time I placed a deposit with my dealer and it was delivered. The wait was well worth it to me for that special car.

Waited about six months for my '17 WRX (waiting for the model year change), and it too was worth it. Now waiting for my wife's daily driver; 38 days since ordered, about 30 more to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I once waited 579 days between the time I placed a deposit with my dealer and it was delivered. The wait was well worth it to me for that special car.

Waited about six months for my '17 WRX (waiting for the model year change), and it too was worth it. Now waiting for my wife's daily driver; 38 days since ordered, about 30 more to go.
Have you gotten any updates on the timeline for your wife's car?

·
Registered
730 Posts

Yeahhhh I would literally go insane waiting that long. I hate waiting in general for anything so yeah good thing my local dealer brought the car from ME. Originally they said it would be about a month but when I told them I needed it yesterday they moved like lightning to close the deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got an update today! My car has a VIN assigned and scheduled to be delivered on 3 April! That's just two and a half weeks away and a month earlier than originally expected!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I put mine on order 2/16. No VIN assigned yet. Anticipating a mid April deliver date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put mine on order 2/16. No VIN assigned yet. Anticipating a mid April deliver date.
I e-mailed my salesman two weeks after I placed my order and he didn't have any updates yet. He told me to e-mail or call again in two week intervals if he doesn't get in touch with me first. On day 27 (one day before I was set to touch base with him again), he e-mailed me to tell me I had a VIN assigned and a delivery date. Your salesperson should be checking on your order status with SOA regularly and letting you know of updates (especially if they know you are planning on bugging them regularly :smile2:).

If your salesperson is not communicating with you, you can always call SOA at 1-800-782-2783 (1-800-SUBARU3) for an update as long as you at least have a VON. They can tell you the same information that they give to the dealership.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I check in with my salesman on a weekly basis. He's been fine to work with.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Always great to have a sales man who's either on-point with keeping you in the loop, as well as doesn't mind you harassing him once or twice a week to check in to hear word lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: My salesman e-mailed me today to say that my impreza was delivered to the dealership today, which means that I get to pick it up tomorrow! I am beyond excited and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Update: My salesman e-mailed me today to say that my impreza was delivered to the dealership today, which means that I get to pick it up tomorrow! I am beyond excited and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. :grin2::grin2::grin2:
Let us know your first impressions on driving the car & what not :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Didn't order mine but just picked mine up a few hours ago :) It's safe to say I love it and I'm glad I got the Sport with everything but the eyesight!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it's been 24 hours now. I went yesterday to pick it up (couldn't get out of work fast enough). Took my new baby for a test drive, sat down with my sales guy to talk about my trade, and the dealership gave me $1000 more for it that CarMax quoted (woot!).

Went to talk to F&I and told they were able to beat my pre-approval rate by 0.3%, so I financed through them. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting the 7 year/100k miles gold plus warranty after showing the guy my quotes from other dealerships and he matched the lowest one. No VIN etching, paint protection, or life insurance.

I put a little over a hundred miles on it just driving around after leaving the dealership. The blind spot detection will take a little getting used to, especially at night (you really can't miss the light).

NoSlushbox4Me: If yours hasn't come yet, I hope it comes soon. Mine ended up coming a full month earlier than anticipated. Good luck and I hope you love yours!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Right now my projected delivery date is 4/20/17

1 - 20 of 27 Posts