2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any cars even have them these days?

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm old enough and remember. I don't think they come in cars anymore.
Remember when planes had them? And if you flew anywhere you would smell like a cig. the rest of the day?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had a 2 door that had back seat side ash trays and each had it's own pop out lighter.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Olds 98 Regency

·
Registered
710 Posts
Had that in 2 cars. I definitely preferred that on the floor.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
571 Posts
I turned 59 this month so I'm OAF :)I remember having a duster I think it was, that in order to wash the windows, you stepped on this squishy blob on the floor and it squirted. It was a manual system. Pretty funky, it was by the hi /low beam switch. This isn't the one from a duster but's the same principle.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I turned 59 this month so I'm OAF :)I remember having a duster I think it was, that in order to wash the windows, you stepped on this squishy blob on the floor and it squirted. It was a manual system. Pretty funky, it was by the hi /low beam switch. This isn't the one from a duster but's the same principle.
Now that I have NEVER seen!

·
ModFather
571 Posts
How about oil bath air filters? :) VW's us to have them. Instead of a paper air filter, the intake air would be drawn though oi puddle and mesh, so instead of changing the filter you cleaned it and changed the oil. My friends Ford Pickup had one too I think.

Oil Bath Air Filters

Reactions: C J

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
9 Posts
My '91 Mazda 323 hatch had a flip out ash tray. All I used it for was quarters. I can't remember if my '95 Saturn, '96 Taurus, or '96 Integra had it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Points, plugs, condenser, bias ply tires, recaps and carburetor too. Had to spray the automatic choke periodically to loosen it up.
Oh, the joys of points! I always kept my cars in top running shape, and in the 3 I owned which didn't have electronic ignition, that meant periodically filing the points.

·
ModFather
571 Posts
I'm not a smoker myself but you can still get an OEM ashtray. It sits in the cup holder now though.

Ash Tray

1 - 20 of 27 Posts