5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am accessing the forum through my iphone and when I try scrolling through the posts it will jump all over the place! I am leaning toward it being because of all the ads every second or third posting. An archery forum I belong to does the same exact thing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ads make the web go 'round. I don't use this site on a phone, but I suspect the problem is that the ads are loading after the page text and that pushes you around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i use the app Tapatalk. no trouble for me when on the forum

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lawyers aren't the only working class to inhabit **** ...

... the posts it will jump all over the place! I am leaning toward it being because of all the ads every second or third posting.
You don't understand. >:) The ads are much more important than the content, regardless of what any of us think. That's why, when you switch to another page or app & then come back, the Javascript in the web page refreshes the ads (takes several seconds) to MAKE SURE the ads are loaded. It doesn't bother to refresh the content; that you have to do yourself by pressing refresh. Whereupon the Javascript loads the ads AGAIN (ie, a 2nd time).

And ad makers wonder why they're despised ...

So, what I do in my web browser, is (as soon as the ads attempt to refresh the 1st time) is press the "X" to stop the Javascript from running. Then I press refresh, to load the ads (& the content I am interested in) just ONCE.

This procedure saves several seconds, but those are seconds of pure annoyance, so it is worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts