5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues getting their radio to connect to Wi-Fi? While at the dealer, we couldn't connect to their Wi-Fi. Their techy sales guy has his cell set up for a hot spot and we were able to connect to it. Last night, tried connecting my car to the house's Wi-Fi and it can see the networks with solid signal strength but will not connect just like at the dealership. Any ideas before I call SOA?

·
Registered
320 Posts
How solid is the signal strength and how well does the wifi work on other devices, like your phone, from where you're parked? I had a real hard time connecting to the wifi when I parked at home even the networks would generally show up with one bar (or arc). I put an extender in my living room closer to where I park and was able to get connected.

Just because it can see a signal doesn't mean it's stable enough to maintain a connection.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^you are incorrect my friend. It can be used to update the NAV map firmware. I did this while at the dealer so I am proof that it does work and will add value.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@csroc...I will try an extender and see what happens. I have 2 out of 3 bars so surprised it wouldn't connect. I'll update once I get a chance to install an extender.

·
Registered
68 Posts
^^^you are incorrect my friend. It can be used to update the NAV map firmware. I did this while at the dealer so I am proof that it does work and will add value.
I must be wrong... my dealer stated to me they are not doing any software updates by wifi at this time. I thought they were only doing the updates by USB.

·
Registered
13 Posts

How exactly did you update the maps over WiFi? Maybe a short video or instructions would be useful.

There's isn't any option anywhere to do it as far as I could see.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How exactly did you update the maps over WiFi? Maybe a short video or instructions would be useful.

There's isn't any option anywhere to do it as far as I could see.
When I go through my setup screens, I get the option to do an "Update". If I select it, it checks to see what updates are available. Mine now says that I am up to date and no new updates available.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go into your home screen and select settings. Scroll down to WiFi and turn it ON. Then select WiFi Settings and connect to your home network or your phones hotspot if you have one. Then select Automatic Updates and turn that on. You can also select Update and it will check and tell you if an update is available. Works perfectly in my car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts