5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..with our new 2017 Hatchback Limited. This older couple thinks we finally found the right car that we can keep a while, after a lifetime ownership list that included these, all station wagons: Audi Quattro, Mercedes turbodiesel, 4 Volvos and a cool Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.

With the SUV/Crossover madness (mediocre in everything, really good for nothing) going on now, hard to find a good station wagon.

And there was our 6-month experience with a FWD 1994 Impreza hatch that ended up by the side of the road on its roof. We remember things we liked about Subaru cars, which are now a lot less quirky.

The new body on the 2017 really did it for us, as we could not get ourselves past the dowdy previous lines. And so now we have the official car of the State of Maine, can't wait to try it out in snow. That spooky Carbide Gray Metallic paint is a nice touch. --Will

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I don't know how old you are (I am 54) but my father in law (75) doesn't like the Impreza because it is so low he has a hard time getting in and out of it.

He loves his Forester though.

I figure when my back and knees are shot I will go back to a Forester as well (I have had 2 so far).

Glad you love your new Imp!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm in the Forester to Impreza camp. Welcome!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome! You have driven quite a few exciting cars. The impreza may not be that exciting to drive but it's functional and the limited trim is quite nice.

·
Registered
730 Posts
the official car of the State of Maine, can't wait to try it out in snow. That spooky Carbide Gray Metallic paint is a nice touch. --Will
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new ride. Where in Maine are you folks? I'm in Portland all the time & Subaru's are everywhere. It's good to see, especially since Maine gets the worst snow in New England.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how old you are (I am 54) but my father in law (75) doesn't like the Impreza because it is so low he has a hard time getting in and out of it.

He loves his Forester though.

I figure when my back and knees are shot I will go back to a Forester as well (I have had 2 so far).

Glad you love your new Imp!
Obewan-Not to be too specific, but I am approx 11.00 years older than you, and the wife (same approx age) and I feel like we've always been searching for the perfect vehicle. Not a lot of good ones around anymore, and us and teh planet are so poorly served by the current SUV/XUV craziness.

Yep, round here when the Boomers start getting to retirement age, they look for a car that's easier on their creaky bodies. You just know it when you see the elders going to the Foresters and Crosstreks. Not us!

And I'll bet many of the members of this forum will be looking at sporty cars well into their advanced years.

Instead, we might look to keeping our bodies in better shape. Studies show there's no age limit on this. Fitness fads come and go, but I'm a believer in the teachings of Miranda. Check her out, especially her Boomer-targeted page, searching for Essentrics and aging backwards.

·
Registered
177 Posts
BMI < 25, please!

... Instead, we might look to keeping our bodies in better shape. ...
I'm 72, & I did not know that my new Impreza was too low, until a 50-something (BMI > 25, maybe a bit more) got in the car & told me so.

Reactions: WillVan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts