5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading that my car ('18 Sport 5dr) has not only side mirror defrosters but also windshield wiper deicers. I examined the wiper blades and arms and don't see any electronics or wiring or anything that would make them heat up... what's the deal? How do the wiper deicers work?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Look closely at the windshield under where the wipers normally sit and you will see a heater element like the rear window defroster. Its job is to warm the windshield under the blades if they are iced in place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look closely at the windshield under where the wipers normally sit and you will see a heater element like the rear window defroster. Its job is to warm the windshield under the blades if they are iced in place.
Do all models have this? I recently got my car back from the body shop after hitting a deer and I’m pretty sure mine had this for the windshield wipers. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you have the package with heated seats and mirrors, then yes, you do. I had the misfortune to have a stone crack my windshield 2 weeks after I got my new 19 Sport Wagon, so I had the chance to inspect the replacement windshield before they put it in. Yes, it does have an element, hidden down at the base, with the dark overlay that they also have at the top covering it. BTW, that windshield cost $495 to replace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts