5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is minor, but has anyone noticed the windshield wiper kickback that can be felt through the brake pedal? So you would feel a definite thud carried through the pedal at each wiper interval.

Obviously this would happen if you have your wipers on and your foot on the brake pedal, like when stopped at the red light, in the rain.

I don't think that it has any downsides, but it feels clunky.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice, we have the same color. I too have felt this, it seems there isn't that much sound deadening material as externals seem to reverberate inside really well.
Very loud roof when it rains while parked under a tree. Have you heard the rear wiper? That gives out a good thump too. (First time for me to have a rear wiper) It seems the thump is really noticeable because of the frame-less wiper blades. They have a lot of spring in the arm, thus changing directions making that large 26" rubber blade thump before changing directions.

I have only 200 miles and already I can see the rubber is leaving it's mark on the glass causing those wire stop lines. Which one is right in my field of view. Perhaps I'm too cynical but it bothers me. Thinking of changing over to the silicone blades and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thinking of changing over to the silicone blades and see if that makes a difference.
PIAA doesn't make an adapter that fits yet. They told me to check back in April for a possible update.

I bought the Si-Tech blades and found this out. I did however manage to swap the rubber out and they work great. Wish they made refills for the Si-Tech as that's they only one that will fit the OEM blades. At least they last for a few years.

·
Registered
357 Posts
PIAA doesn't make an adapter that fits yet. They told me to check back in April for a possible update.

I bought the Si-Tech blades and found this out. I did however manage to swap the rubber out and they work great. Wish they made refills for the Si-Tech as that's they only one that will fit the OEM blades. At least they last for a few years.
I never tried the PIAA blades but have experience with the Silblade, which they too last for about 3 years. I am uncertain about the adapters, but looks to come with a lot.
FlexBlade FB126 Ultimate Silicone Wiper Blade 26"

·
Registered
63 Posts
I never tried the PIAA blades but have experience with the Silblade, which they too last for about 3 years. I am uncertain about the adapters, but looks to come with a lot.
FlexBlade FB126 Ultimate Silicone Wiper Blade 26"
I use them both and feel PIAA is a little better. I usually run Silblade for the rear since they have OEM matched blades. I always seem to have trouble refilling those short 12" blades so I just replace the whole **** thing, think it's like $15 from Amazon. I run PIAA up front.

P.S. Subaru will replace the blade rubber for free under warranty if it's worn out but man you can't beat those silicone blades, I'll never use anything else.

As for the original topic, I never noticed anything from the wiper thru the brake pedal.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I run PIAA up front.
P.S. Subaru will replace the blade rubber for free under warranty if it's worn out but man you can't beat those silicone blades, I'll never use anything else.
As for the original topic, I never noticed anything from the wiper thru the brake pedal.
I have to certainty agree with the silicone blades. Definitely worth the extra money. I know Subaru has a full replacement on the wipers, but silicone doesn't produce wiper lines on the glass to where petroleum based rubber does. I'll keep a look out on those PIAA's.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's not just Subaru, the kickback can be felt in other models too and I've felt it in the steering wheel in other cars before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts