Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Rubber Inserts

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other brand

Votes: 4 36.4%

Wiperblades--replaced with ease!

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Jim Dizz 
#1 ·
Okay after looking through threads and experimenting; I found a wiper blade rubber insert refill for our cars... Say no more to buying from the dealer, buying an entire assembly from trico or PIAA, or even buying wiper blades just to rip off the rubber inserts and install on oem wipers. Here is the solution and I can verify that these will fit;
It's cool because they FIT and I don't have to waste the assembly every time I buy a new pair. All you have to do is pull the old rubber insert out and slide the new one in and cut to 16 inch or use the complete 26 inch for the left wiper. I originally purchased this for my 16 in wiper and needed to trim it. But ultimately it was surprisingly easy and I'm glad that I can do my part and be less wasteful. I'll fill you guys in on the longevity of this product but so far it feels like good quality and a lot thicker than oem. I remember reading other threads on wiperblades and replacement and it was never clear to me on what was the most practical solution lol. This will do!

#2 ·
Unfortunately, on newer aero-type wipers, just removing and replacing the rubber element is far from being a trivial job. If you can actually insert the replacement elements AND get them to seat flat WITHOUT breaking the plastic, it's still something that will take you a LOT of time to accomplish for just a savings of, what, $10? And that's assuming that the replacement insert is actually good; if it craps out in a month, then you've just wasted your time.

BTW, your little survey misses out on several replacement options. Bosch Icons are now available in sizes that fit our cars, and they are superior to the OEM blades.

#3 ·
I agree that for the rears, replacing the rubbers is pretty trivial.

The factory front blades are "beam blade" type... there are no "inserts" in them.

Infact, Subaru has propriatary attachment-points for the factory units. I have tried several times to install aftermarket blades... none of them will clip onto the Subaru attachment-points. Hence, I use OEM Subaru replacements.

#10 ·
Yeah after seeing some posts from above, I recognized that some new options were added onto the website. I can also confirm that years before, we were only limited to about 2 or 3 options for wiper blade replacements. But its nice to see we have some choices now and the Valeo sets seem competitively priced. Thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.