5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I’m brand new here and looking for advice.
I have a 2017 Impreza Premium.
I got some 2016 WRX wheels for a good price and wondering what I need to do to have them fit on my car.

I have the 100x114.3 adapters coming in the mail.
The new wheels are 18”x 8.5”
I bought new tires for them 245/40R/18
I can take them back and get lower profile tires but I don’t have my co experience with doing anything like this.
Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
Welcome to Impreza5! I remember quite a few of our members doing exactly what you want to do, just search around and you will find their threads.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
plugging numbers in here:

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

Looks like they will fit, personally I'm not a fan of adapters, the bolt pattern is 5 X 100 you say your adapter is 110, was that a typo? I got a set of WRX wheels for winter wheels but the bolt pattern was the same since they are from an older model.

Also Welcome :)

Reactions: Shane860

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi peaty, is this saying I should get a tire size of 235/30 rather than the 245 I have on there?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
I think it's saying that the #3 here would be exactly the same but you have a 8.5" width and not 8", #2 at 234/40 is good but also 8" width and the offset is slightly different. #1 At a 245mm with the 8.5" wheel width you'd be better off with a 35 series and a 56 ET offset. I think this is based on the goal of keeping the diameter withing +/- 1.5% of the OEM size so your speedo isn't off to much .

Seems like the tire you have isn't all that bad the only thing that may be of concern to me they note

Suspension: Tire is ¹³⁄₁₆" closer to suspension components. Rim is ³⁄₄" closer to suspension components. Make sure that you have enough room for that. If not, consider lower offset, narrower tires, or using spacers
Fenders: Tire will stick out ¹³⁄₁₆" farther. Rim will stick out ³⁄₄" farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset
Keep in mind they are doing these calculations on tire measurements but different brands are always slightly different actual dimensions brand to brand even when they have the same numbers on the side. If you went to a 235/40 it would bring it closer to that 1.5% size and not stick out as much or get as close to the suspension.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think it's saying that the #3 here would be exactly the same but you have a 8.5" width and not 8", #2 at 234/40 is good but also 8" width and the offset is slightly different. #1 At a 245mm with the 8.5" wheel width you'd be better off with a 35 series and a 56 ET offset. I think this is based on the goal of keeping the diameter withing +/- 1.5% of the OEM size so your speedo isn't off to much .

Seems like the tire you have isn't all that bad the only thing that may be of concern to me they note

Keep in mind they are doing these calculations on tire measurements but different brands are always slightly different actual dimensions brand to brand even when they have the same numbers on the side. If you went to a 235/40 it would bring it closer to that 1.5% size and not stick out as much or get as close to the suspension.

View attachment 23972
Thanks a lot man, you have been a great help.
I will update next week what happens when the adapters get here.
I am about to look for 35s and possibly exchange the ones I have for them

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks a lot man, you have been a great help.
I will update next week what happens when the adapters get here.
I am about to look for 235s and possibly exchange the ones I have for them
Check out www.fitmentindustries.com. They have a large gallery with full build specs so you can see what fits, and what other people have run, and what may work for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I found this tool online and it’s helpful for more of an idea of what everything will look like as compared to the stock wheel & tire.

I ended up getting 245/35/18 and will be putting them on in a few days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I’m brand new here and looking for advice.
I have a 2017 Impreza Premium.
I got some 2016 WRX wheels for a good price and wondering what I need to do to have them fit on my car.

I have the 100x114.3 adapters coming in the mail.
The new wheels are 18”x 8.5”
I bought new tires for them 245/40R/18
I can take them back and get lower profile tires but I don’t have my co experience with doing anything like this.
Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
should be good with the wheel spacers. They may push the offset of the tires out of the wheel well. The max diameter of the tire should be less that 27”.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everything worked out great, no rubbing or anything.
These are the adapters I used.
Thank you Peaty!!

View attachment 23993
View attachment 23992
h
Hello Shane by any chance do you have a picture. looking from the back and the front of the car on one side to see how much the wheel and tires stick out. thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
h
Hello Shane by any chance do you have a picture. looking from the back and the front of the car on one side to see how much the wheel and tires stick out. thanks in advance

i ended up taking them off n putting on crosstrek wheels cause I commute far to work and the cross trek allow for a bit more meat on the tires.
This setup worked perfectly fine however under extreme potholes or a couple people in the back, every bump the rear fenders could hit the sidewall of
The tire briefly.

no harm ever came from it and it looked
Badass so it was def worth it

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i ended up taking them off n putting on crosstrek wheels cause I commute far to work and the cross trek allow for a bit more meat on the tires.
This setup worked perfectly fine however under extreme potholes or a couple people in the back, every bump the rear fenders could hit the sidewall of
The tire briefly.

no harm ever came from it and it looked
Badass so it was def worth it
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts